We operate via projects that produce concrete results, through the effective and transparent use of all our human, financial and infrastructure resources in each country.
The following are our flagship projects:
- Competitiveness and sustainability of agricultural chains
for food security and economic development
- Inclusion in agriculture and rural areas
- Resilience and comprehensive risk management in agriculture
- Productivity and sustainability of family agriculture
for food security and the rural economy
We also operate through:
- Externally funded projects, whose technical or administrative management is assigned to IICA by one or more of its partners.
- Rapid response actions to address specific situations as they arise, for which IICA mobilizes its technical capabilities in answer to a request for short-term support from a member country.
- Pre-investment initiatives, aimed at securing and mobilizing complementary financial resources
We will continue to make Agricultural Health and Food Safety (AHFS), an issue of particular importance for the member countries, a high priority of our technical cooperation.
For more information, refer to IICA’s
2010-2020 Strategic Plan.